Block all and allow some Apps or Url

SOLVED
MakaraMEAS
Getting noticed

Block all and allow some Apps or Url

Dear community,

I would like to share subject block all and allow some apps and url,
could you share your experience how to deploy meet your requirement? 

regard,
makara,

M.MAKARA
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

No, it's block what's not wanted only for Content filtering. With URL Fltering you'll have the chance to whitelist specific sites.

It's up to you to decide if this is a good idea or something that's not worth the effort (that it will be if you're trying to implement the policy you're referring to).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Hi @MakaraMEAS 

What tools do you have at your disposal, MX, Umbrella, MDM?  Deploying one or two of these would help address your query.

have a look at each.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

Hi @DarrenOC ,

how about MX only?

regard,
makara,

M.MAKARA
merakichamp
Building a reputation

@MakaraMEAS  of course you can leverage the  power of meraki dashboard with just a few clicks to block recreational apps and allow mission critical apps you can also block adult websites 

@merakichamp  as I wish to block all url and allow some category or o365 only, so it is possible to allow on content filtering? 

M.MAKARA

No, it's block what's not wanted only for Content filtering. With URL Fltering you'll have the chance to whitelist specific sites.

It's up to you to decide if this is a good idea or something that's not worth the effort (that it will be if you're trying to implement the policy you're referring to).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels