Block Specific inbound IP Meraki MX84

FishMan
Comes here often

Block Specific inbound IP Meraki MX84

i have allow my firewall port 25 access to email server. when i receive spam email from outside. i did header check i need to block it but can't find a way to do this deny traffic

Regards

12 REPLIES 12
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Would you like to block Spam? If that's really it, you won't be able to block it at the Firewall level, what you really need is an anti-spam.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/security/email-security-appliance/series.html

https://www.comparitech.com/net-admin/anti-spam-software/

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

not really to block spam but just to see if i can first block the ip of spam email from firewall before block again from anti-spam. 

Regards

Have you tried blocking the IP from Security & SD WAN -> Configure -> Firewall and adding a rule in inbound rule?

Details on using layer 3 firewall rules.

FishMan
Comes here often

on inbound rules it need ip address from LAN, don't allow public ips

Regards

Can you try this?

chakshu_0-1678240768956.png

FishMan
Comes here often

Hi how to create the application remote ip range

FishMan
Comes here often

what that i am thinking is that firewall is the first line defence and i should be able to do the block

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Is your server in the cloud or is it on premise? In fact, it is not the role of the firewall to block spam. you can block the ip, but do not forget that usually an email server can have more than one IP, especially if it is in the cloud. Maybe you have to review your concepts.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

My server is on premise, 

as can't find a way to block the ip as mentioned before would like to do it first on firewall before coming to email server

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

As I said, you can try to block the IP or domain, but don't expect the Firewall to act as an anti spam.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you considered adding the content filtering category "SPAM Sources"?

Hi yes i have add content filter SPAM sources on threat category

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels