Block List Maxed at 3000

JEBell
New here

Block List Maxed at 3000

Hello,

working for a school system that uses Meraki we tend to block personal phones/devices on our networks at each location that tend to take up bandwidth on non-educational things such as SnapChat, WhatsApp, etc.  Over the course of the last year or so my district has managed to max out the block limit for wireless clients in Meraki.  I cannot find a way to view the entire block list from clients who haven't connected for possibly over 2 years now to free up room, and I also can't find a way to increase the block limit to add new clients to the block policy.

Any suggestions on what to do so I can continue to block unwanted devices on the network via block policy?

2 Replies 2
CptnCrnch
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Are you using static block lists? If yes, your options could be leveraging L7 policies (using the Advanced Security License) or (even much better / easier from a security point of view) Umbrella.

@JEBell  Not to judge but that sounds like a really time consuming approach, would you be better off doing a blanket block of social media and then allowing student phones? 

Also how do you determine a device is a student phone and not a legit device?

What wifi vendor are you using? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels