Block IP Add for Meraki Dashboard

Deniz
Here to help

Block IP Add for Meraki Dashboard

Hi All,

I dont know if this question has been asked or makes sense, but I see that constantly someone is trying to access my Meraki dashboard with same IP add.

Any possibility to block a specific IP add, range etc that is trying to access dashboard?

Thanks,

Deniz

8 REPLIES 8
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

Organization > Settings > Security > Login IP ranges
LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Thanks for respond, but this will allow access only from specific IP ranges, and block all others 🙂 

I was more looking at option to block a specific IP add who is trying to access the dashboard. 

Thanks,

Deniz

NolanHerring
Kind of a big deal

Doesn't this mean that the person has an account of some fashion to even show up in the logs?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

I think adding a firewall rule to block that IP would do the trick for you.

I don't think that adding an inbound Firewall rule, will block the malicious IP from logging into the dashboard. The Inbound FW rule will block all packets incoming to the Firewall. The dashboard is a hosted service on Meraki(/Cisco) datacenters, which fetch information from the Meraki network.

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Oh you're right, sorry I was thinking local status page, I was doing some work with those this morning and had it on my mind.

I can't see a way to block specific IPs from accessing Meraki Dashboard. 

Personally, I don't allow specific IPs to login to dashboard. I allow all. Adding 2FA to the equation. Everyone can try to login, but it won't help them. Especially if you are using unique login credentials. Additionally, the dashboard will become less secure, the more administrators that you add. 

I've added my work IPs and my home IP to the allow list for accessing remote status pages of the MX, so that I can check things if needed.

Thats correct! They are not trying to access your firewall, but dashboard which locates in the cloud 🙂 

Im not sure there is any way of doing this. Only solution is, of course, to let him try, and use strong passwords, two factor authenticator, and/or to let specific IP range access the dashboard. 

Still i am open for any discussion 🙂 

Thanks all for stepping in! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels