BGP route summarization

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

BGP route summarization

Hi ,

I wasn't aware of any settings / backend option to enable BGP route summary until I saw this : 

MX 18.207: 

Known issues

• Due to an MX 18.2 regression, MX appliances summarize AutoVPN routes advertised through BGP without being configured to do so.

Is it new ? I'm running 18.107.6 on my Hubs and there is no summarization at all.

6 Replies 6
jbright
A model citizen

18.2 refers to 18.205 and later firmware, so you would have to upgrade your MX to get those features.

As of today, 18.207 is now a stable release candidate.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Yes I know that.

Still route summarization is not listed anywhere and I haven't heard of it until the changelogs of 18.207.

jbright
A model citizen

Sorry @RaphaelL , I wasn't trying to talk down to you.

The most current Meraki documentation I could find on the MX BGP configuration is here:

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Border_Gateway_Protocol_(BGP)

I have an HA pair of MX450 testing 18.207, but they are running in routed NAT mode and I can't turn on BGP for them at this time.

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

No no no jbright , I didn't feel that way at all ! You are good 🙂 

I will try to reach the support next week and give an update here !

RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

eBGP route summarization is not ready (yet). it looks to be in the roadmap of maybe MX18 or 19++. More to come this year ! I hope 

How would i find out if this is avaialble in Beta or Production code.. The lack of Summarization is a deal breaker to me at the moment.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels