BGP Routing Disabled

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

BGP Routing Disabled

I've looking into this for a while now, and seen it a few places..

Eventhough BGP routing is disabled, any idea on why my Hub MX in concentrator mode, keeps insisting on negotiating BGP, even though it is disabled on the Routing page?

rhbirkelund_0-1688561104372.png

rhbirkelund_1-1688561128688.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
3 Replies 3
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

ipv6 , guessing you are running MX17++ ?

If you take a packet capture , do you see the tcp syns being sent ? I would open a case with that pcap and ask support what is going on.

MX18.107.2 actually, but yeah.. Guess I'll have to ask support..

Oddly enogh I don't have any IPv6 prefixes configured. Also the IPv6 settings in the uplink is set to Auto(Stateless), with the MX not getting anything assigned. To my knowledge, there's noting upstream that does IPv6.

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
Crocker
Building a reputation

This is a known issue that occurred at some point in MX17.X - not entirely sure which version, we jumped from 15.X to 17.X a few months ago and this started spamming our syslog. I opened a case with support, and to quote:

"We do not yet have a full fix for this in versions of MX firmware that have support for IPv6 (namely 17 and above) but version 16 does not have this issue."

The last update to that case was in February, haven't heard anything since.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels