Authentication Splash Screen Annoyance

Solved
AGomez
Conversationalist

Authentication Splash Screen Annoyance

Hi there,

I have this annoyance with the Meraki User Authentication Splash screen. Now, it doesn't hinder work in the slightest, and the actual security portion is working exactly as intended. However, when a user goes to authenticate, they get an error saying that either their username or password is incorrect. But they will be granted access to the internet, the authentication check succeeds but there is no way of knowing unless you go back to, for example, Google and search for cat videos to check if you can get info flowing in/out.

For some extra context, we have our Meraki set up to utilize our Active Directory to authenticate users, which very well may be causing this annoyance. To top it off, we're currently (not for long) running on Windows Server 2008 R2, which is constantly causing challenges for me in this network environment. 

As I stated before, this is really no big deal. Everything works correctly and is secured the way we want. It's just annoying. 

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks all,

AGomez

1 Accepted Solution
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Refer the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is the

"Captive portal strength " set to?

Block all access or allow non http?

AGomez
Conversationalist

That's one of my issues figuring this out, I've looked at every settings page on the darn thing and can't find any advanced settings for the portal. Add to that, I've only been working with the Meraki for about 2 months now. Cisco stuff in general I'm familiar with.

Where is the "Captive portal strength" setting supposed to be?

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Refer the documentation.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Cross-Platform_Content/Splash_Page

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@AGomez it is under the Wireless/Access Control page under Advanced splash settings as below:

cmr_0-1710330716296.png

AGomez
Conversationalist

cmr,

The documentation that alembraho listed says this:

The MX Splash Page feature is not currently compatible with the Active Directory integration. As a result, enabling Active Directory integration will cause Access Control/Splash Page not to appear in the menu.

Unfortunately for me, this is exactly how we have our mx-75 set up. Unless I'm missing something, looks like I'll just have to continue living with it. 😉

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels