Are there any way of changing the source interface of radius / syslog and so on from an MX ?

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Are there any way of changing the source interface of radius / syslog and so on from an MX ?

The documentation says : "highest-numbered VLAN" as the source.

This just feels so "cumbersome" when deploying a lot of new hardware on remote sites when all other equipment , like switches and APs bascially use VLAN 1 as the default.

I could of course configure a "high numbered VLAN" on the MX, and set that as untagged towards the switches, but I dont think my small amount of OCD can handle that 🙂

Is there any way of getting the MX to use VLAN1, or any vlan of our choosing for this kind of traffic (this case site-2-site tunnels of course).

/Thomas

5 REPLIES 5
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You cant set it .

And yes its annoying .

For dhcp it takes only highest vlan.

For radius and syslog highest vlan( in vpn).

KarstenI
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am eagerly waiting for an option to use an "alternate management interface" like that on MR/MS. And after having one or two drinks too much, I even dream of a loopback-interface for this purpose ... 😉

yes that would be a perfect solution.

Everyone should "upvote" this 🙂

thomasthomsen
Head in the Cloud

Did I just hear something about this "issue" / feature perhaps coming in a 17.x release ? Or was it just a fevered dream I had ? 

following..

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels