Apple Homepod not connecting

Solved
Ocrake
Conversationalist

Apple Homepod not connecting

Hi All, 

I have recently just set up an MX75 and some MR44's which has been great and everything is connecting except the Apple Homepods (wireless speakers), they will neither connect to my Apple TV or to the Internet although they are connected correctly to the Wireless network all together.

I am assuming there is some form of security rule in place that I am missing, does anyone know how I resolve this please?

1 Accepted Solution
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Couple things to check- If your using the AP as DHCP (Access control>Client IP and VLAN) server the wireless clients are isolated and cannot communicate together, you'll need to use the MX for DHCP and use the external dhcp option. Are the devices on different vlans? If so bonjour forwarding is something to look at. Also on firewall and traffic shaping page make sure layer 2 isolation is not enabled and that your firewall rules are permitting traffic between these devices. 

Lastly if all these options check out I would recommend opening a case with support and getting some live troubleshooting help with them.

Knowledge is power

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
AMP
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Couple things to check- If your using the AP as DHCP (Access control>Client IP and VLAN) server the wireless clients are isolated and cannot communicate together, you'll need to use the MX for DHCP and use the external dhcp option. Are the devices on different vlans? If so bonjour forwarding is something to look at. Also on firewall and traffic shaping page make sure layer 2 isolation is not enabled and that your firewall rules are permitting traffic between these devices. 

Lastly if all these options check out I would recommend opening a case with support and getting some live troubleshooting help with them.

Knowledge is power
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels