AnyConnect - Automatic VPN Policy

Solved
jphamwd
Here to help

AnyConnect - Automatic VPN Policy

We have users that are connecting to AnyConnect whilst onsite, I am attempting to enable the Automatic VPN policy, with "Trusted Network Policy" set to "Disconnect"

The AnyConnect client states "On a trusted network" before I connect, but allows me to connect anyway and never auto disconnects. According to the MX vs ASA spec sheet, it supports TND (trusted network detection) via the profile

I have a ticket open with Cisco TAC and they had me run a dart diagnostic and send it over, but wanted to see if anybody here has successfully implemented this feature
1 Accepted Solution
jphamwd
Here to help

Misunderstood the functionality of this feature. I was under the impression if i was onsite and tried to connect it would not allow or auto-disconnect me, but TAC clarified that the purpose of the setting is to disconnect you if you initiate an AnyConnect session in an untrusted network and move to a trusted. Ex - put your laptop to sleep while on AnyConnect at home and connect to your enterprise wifi with AnyConnect still running when your laptop wakes up

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
jphamwd
Here to help

Misunderstood the functionality of this feature. I was under the impression if i was onsite and tried to connect it would not allow or auto-disconnect me, but TAC clarified that the purpose of the setting is to disconnect you if you initiate an AnyConnect session in an untrusted network and move to a trusted. Ex - put your laptop to sleep while on AnyConnect at home and connect to your enterprise wifi with AnyConnect still running when your laptop wakes up

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

What is your question?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels