Any ETR on the network objects bug preventing changes to firewall rules?

IT_Magician
Building a reputation

Any ETR on the network objects bug preventing changes to firewall rules?

Around 11am PST our customers with the network objects feature enabled went offline for about 10 minutes. Once back online under SD-WAN on both VLAN and firewall pages no longer work. Visually it shows all rules deleted but any rules set prior to this bug retained the settings and are still working.

Both have MX84 with HA.

Has anyone heard of when this bug will be fixed?

5 REPLIES 5
IT_Magician
Building a reputation

Thanks Meraki for a quick fix! Just in time, we are onsite doing an install.

Hi @IT_Magician , did you open a support ticket directly with Meraki? Was it identified as a Bug (Bugid)?  What was the fix?

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.
IT_Magician
Building a reputation

Not sure on bug ID, but yes we opened ticket with support. At first they didn't know what it was, but a few minutes in other support reps started echoing our issue. Took about 6 hours but development team had to deploy a hotfix to the cloud tenant.

Outside of this one instance, have you seen any other issues with network objects?  I'm thinking of enabling network objects in my organization and I'm wondering if there are any issues I need to look out for?  I have 26 networks in my organization.

IT_Magician
Building a reputation

Hey Todd,

We have not, just that one time. It makes things much easier to manage we enjoy using them.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels