Alerting for notorious cellular connecting status

SOLVED
JDomagala
Here to help

Alerting for notorious cellular connecting status

Hi,

I would very much appreciate if Meraki created new type of trap/alert - for x cellular connecting failures in y time, where x and y would be configurable.

This failures happening once in a while probably wouldn't affect user experience since cellular is mainly backup, right now we don't have alerting at all for cellular backup not working at all if its trying to connect all the time.

Also, every time I post something on Meraki Community, I get this:

"Correct the highlighted errors and try again."
"Your post has been changed because invalid HTML was found in the message body. The invalid HTML has been removed. Please review the message and submit the message when you are satisfied."

And I'm really just typing to create that invalid HTML 🙂
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Maybe I'm missing something but there are alert options for cellular or is that not working?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@JDomagala I like the sound of that alert, have you used the make a wish feature ate the bottom of your dashboard page? If not this is a good place to start.

I agree while its not likely to cause issues with users if it's not working when you need it to then you have a problem. 

Regarding the HTML error I see that every now and then, I usually ignore it. I might see it 1 in every 30-40 posts so I suspect its possibly a bug with the forum software. 

Sure I made a wish, just thought that this should be spoken about on the forum if someone would look for a solution 🙂

yeah, there probably is some > or / put where it shouldn't be 😉

Maybe I'm missing something but there are alert options for cellular or is that not working?
Nolan Herring | nolanwifi.com
TwitterLinkedIn

Good spotting @NolanHerring  I didn't actually look and just assumed OP had already looked at the alerts page. My bad 🤔

Thanks Nolan, I guess advanced alarm suppression logic can be done outside of Meraki and those traps should suffice.

The other subject: this is what meraki forum adds to my posts:
<div class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">
<div class="mceNonEditable lia-copypaste-placeholder">&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>

<div id="vidyowebrtcscreenshare_is_installed">&nbsp;</div>

I had Vidyo extension installed and for some reason that info was attached, causing problems with posting too 🙂

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels