After firmware upgrade Meraki device cannot reach the Meraki Cloud

Solved
IsraelFilho
Here to help

After firmware upgrade Meraki device cannot reach the Meraki Cloud

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone got this message

"As part of ongoing efforts to improve the performance and resiliency of the Meraki Cloud we will be changing the IP addresses used by Cisco Meraki devices to contact the Meraki Cloud. One or more of your Meraki devices are unable to communicate with this new IP range. For more information about this upcoming change and how to resolve the connectivity issue, please click here. " after a firmware upgrade (14.39)

Thanks?

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note that this warning is often display when there is no problem - a false positive.

If your MX plugs directly into an ISP circuit; or if it sits behind another firewall and you don't think the traffic is blocked then ignore this.

If you are still concerned then you'll need to open a case with support to verify if the warning is actually correct.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6
kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

Top right hand corner hit HELP and select "Firewall info". Hope this helps.

Enthusiast

Thanks for the reply.

I know that but on the previous firmware version (13.33) this was not showing up. I am wondering if it is related to the current version (14.39)

Regards,

kYutobi
Kind of a big deal

I don't think so but I know it will keep coming up until it's done even though it might not of before.

Enthusiast
AjitKumar
Head in the Cloud

Hi @IsraelFilho 

Yes I saw a similar message from @Uberseehandel on Monday. Below the is thread

https://community.meraki.com/t5/Dashboard-Administration/One-or-more-of-your-Meraki-devices-are-unab...

Regards,
Ajit
AjitsNW@gmail.com
www.ajit.network
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Note that this warning is often display when there is no problem - a false positive.

If your MX plugs directly into an ISP circuit; or if it sits behind another firewall and you don't think the traffic is blocked then ignore this.

If you are still concerned then you'll need to open a case with support to verify if the warning is actually correct.

@PhilipDAth Yes, I am currently recieving this false positive myself, I don't get as to why it would appear. I have two internet connections coming in with no firewalls on the modems.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels