Adding New MX450 in network

MithleshDhoke
Conversationalist

Adding New MX450 in network

Hi

In our production office network we are replacing ASA with Meraki MX450. I want to configure MX450 using template. I am planning to stage the device add in the different network, bind the template and then move the device to existing office network. Is this possible? If yes, please share the steps.

Regards

4 Replies 4
cmr
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

@MithleshDhoke what Meraki devices are in the current network?  Quite a lot of things can be templated, but some device config is only in the individual network.

Ryan_Miles
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Building on that templates are meant for when you have many sites with similar configurations. If this is a single unique site a template would not be relevant. 

Ryan

If you found this post helpful, please give it Kudos. If my answer solves your problem please click Accept as Solution so others can benefit from it.
MithleshDhoke
Conversationalist

There are switches and wireless APs in current network. And I want to bind template only to MX450.

If you already have an MX template and you want to bind the MX network only to that template, you will need to split the current network so it will become three networks, MX,MS,MR netwroks as explained in this article then you can bind that MX only network to the template you already have.

Please take a look at MX Templates Best Practices for your refernce.

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution " so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels