Active Directory Integration

BradleyL
Comes here often

Active Directory Integration

Hi, I am doing a trial of  MX250 and  have it set up with its own Public IP and on its own network. I am trying to test the content filter and use Active Directory to authenticate with a splash page. The issue I run into is when you put in the user name and password you get access denied. The Active Directory Page in my dashboard has a green check next to it. The AD server is windows 2008 R2

6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Active Directory is usually used with passive authentication (no splash page).

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX-Z/Group_Policies_and_Blacklisting/Integrating_Active_Directory_w...

When I called Support and I asked them about the unauthenticated users setting they stated that when you get the splash page you should be able to put in your ad username and passwordspalsh.png

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure of the answer.  Check out this guide of using splash pages with MR.  Perhaps it might give some light.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Splash_Page/Integrating_Active_Directory_with_Sign-On_Splash_Pag...

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Have you tried logging in with different formats?

domain\user

user@fqdn

Yes I have tried different formats. If you put in random letters you still get Access Denied, as if it is not seeing the active directory at all and just denying all access to the internet. I also have checked that Article and followed some steps in there to check and still do not have any different results
Adam
Kind of a big deal

Hey Bradley, what are you ultimately trying to accomplish?  I have set up full stack Meraki for a number of law enforcement agencies (one in Florida so I know FDLE/CJIS requirements) and there are multiple ways to accomplish stuff.  Private message me if you'd rather discuss via phone.  

Adam R MS | CISSP, CISM, VCP, MCITP, CCNP, ITILv3, CMNO
If this was helpful click the Kudo button below
If my reply solved your issue, please mark it as a solution.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels