12 Volt Power supply for MX68CW

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

12 Volt Power supply for MX68CW

This is an odd request but has anyone used an MX68cw in a mobile environment running off a 12 volt power supply i.e. automotive voltage?

4 Replies 4
jbright
A model citizen

According to the specifications on the Meraki web site, the MX68CW has a 100 watt power supply.

How about using a 12 Volt DC to 110 Volt AC inverter? You can get 200 to 300 watt inverters for less than $40.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

All the PoE models needs a 54V supply.

All the non PoE models use a 12V supply.  Examples are MX64 and MX67.

I've used the MX64W of a 12V supply in a marine application.

As far as I can tell, the output specs, as @PhilipDAth posted, are DC 54V 1.85A.

The manufacturer of the power supply is Universal Microelectronics Co. Ltd, Taiwan.

This looks suitable - https://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/embedded-switch-mode-power-supplies-smps/7718477/ (caveat, whilst the label says Electrical & Electronic, I'm not Electrical). I usually deal with RS Germany near Frankfurt, they have knowledgeable pre-sales engineers (one of the joys of dealing with German businesses).

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Did you use a DC to DC stabilizer/filter? If so what device did you use and what are the rated Voltage, Amps and Wattage?

Thanks !!!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels