"Invalid API Key" & "Network Error"

Solved
GC1
Here to help

"Invalid API Key" & "Network Error"

I have a GX50HW-US. While I can log in on both the web and mobile app (iOS), no data is shown (it was before), the firewall says offline, and I get the following message pop ups: "Invalid API Key" & "Network Error"

Any thoughts on how to fix this?

1 Accepted Solution
GC1
Here to help

Thanks again for the thoughts and suggestions, and they have resolved the issue. In case someone else experiences the same issue, here is a summary:

Issue: GX50HW-US. While I can log in on both the web and mobile app (iOS), no data is shown, the firewall says offline, and I get the following message pop ups: "Invalid API Key" & "Network Error" on various screens.

Resolution: Delete and reinstall the iOS app, log in on the iOS app. On the web browser, clear the cookies for "web.meraki-go.com" and "meraki-go.com" Then launch the Meraki Go browser page which will now ask for username and password. Once logged in, all data should display properly.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11
Xydocq
A model citizen

hi @GC1 

Your GX50 is online and functioning?

Did you look at the local status page of the GX50. It can be accessed by entering the local-IP of the GX50 in any browser, or if you are directly connected to the GX50 by entering my.meraki.com

Password will be the Serial of the GX50.

Did you try to log on from a different computer, to see if you get the same message there?

GC1
Here to help

Yes, I can access the GX50 from the IP and after logging in, it says “Healthy – This security appliance is functioning properly”

Xydocq
A model citizen

Guess the only thing you can do is to open a support ticket.

301cPilot
New here

I just had this happen a few minutes ago. I had to remove the app from my phone and re-install it.

Thanks - this did fix the issue on the mobile app, however using the browser to view the device no data is shown (it was before), the firewall says offline, and I get the following message pop ups: "Invalid API Key" & "Network Error"

I've tried to log out (in Settings) and it says I am logged out...

I did not have a browser issue. However it took me a long time to figure out that my phone app was old. Only noticing it when I logged in with my Android tablet. As Xydocq suggests, maybe clear your browser cache. However if you open an incognito browser and try it there and it doesn't work then clearing the cache will not help. Make sure no other incognito browser is open at the same time. I would try a different browser. I sometimes find that the No Script browser addon will interfere with some sites.

Xydocq
A model citizen

Did you clear your browser?

GC1
Here to help

Thanks again for the thoughts and suggestions, and they have resolved the issue. In case someone else experiences the same issue, here is a summary:

Issue: GX50HW-US. While I can log in on both the web and mobile app (iOS), no data is shown, the firewall says offline, and I get the following message pop ups: "Invalid API Key" & "Network Error" on various screens.

Resolution: Delete and reinstall the iOS app, log in on the iOS app. On the web browser, clear the cookies for "web.meraki-go.com" and "meraki-go.com" Then launch the Meraki Go browser page which will now ask for username and password. Once logged in, all data should display properly.

Thanks for writing this here @GC1 ! That is exactly the procedure that we recommend.

Would you be able to provide guidance and perhaps correct step-by-step instructions for this thread regarding the Client to VPN? I've never been able to get it working and the on-line documentation is missing specific instructions. 

Thanks for summoning me 👻

I'll get someone to help out there.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.