Unable to stop high utilization notifications

Skaminski
Here to help

Unable to stop high utilization notifications

i've opened a case for this but so far, they haven't been very responsive.  My challenge is that I had enabled notifications initially (when I only had the security gateway).  I finally added the meraki switches and wireless AP's and love the new visibility into the network.  However, I had to turn off notifications because of an internal camera system that is showing with very high utilization.

Long story short.. I've turned off notifications in the application, but they are still being triggered.  Nothing I can do will turn them off.  I've deleted the app, re-installed the app.  I've logged off and back on. 

Any ideas from all you experts?

11 REPLIES 11
JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@Skaminski - please DM me with your case number so I can help to resolve ASAP. 

James

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki

James, I sent a DM to you.  The message showed success but was JSON returned data instead of a formatted message.  Just making sure you got it.  

Skaminski

I was having the same issue.  I worked with Tech support and they turned off the notification on the backend, which solved the problem.

A few days later they asked me to turn it back on to see if it recorded it in the back end, so i did and the messages started again.  Then they asked me to turn it off again and see if they stopped.  So far, there have not been any heavy users so I don't know if the problem is completely solved yet.

Tech support has been excellent in debugging this.  I suspect that there is / was a problem on the Server side of things, because my app has not updated during this testing phase.

Dave Anderson
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I am having this problem too.  I am getting switch usage alert emails even though they are turned off.

Case 05027890

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
Roska
A model citizen

I have the same issue in my network, utilization notifications keep on coming despite we switched those off.

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

I have been working with Eduardo in tech support on case 04985040: Network Usage alerts don't stop.

Per my previous post, I have been waiting for a user to trip the notification threshold and see if I got a message (I shouldn't).  Yesterday, a client used 9.5 GB and I did not get a notification.  Notifications are turned off , so that is correct behavior.

My Meraki Go App is version 2.8.0, build 417, revision e57bbfdc1.  I use a Android phone, version 10, March security update.

Dave Anderson

2.8 update on iOS fixed this issue for me.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I have updated the iOS app and also uninstalled and installed again.  I just got another usage alert.  Only via email and not push notification.  

Brandon,

You can reach out to Meraki Go Support and let them know what is happening. You can also reference case 04985040, and say the same thing is happening to you.
Dave Anderson
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

@DHAnderson I have a case 05027890 too.  I am going to try uninstalling the app for a few days.  I only have one customer using this so maybe don't really need the app installed at all..  

I'm currently running the latest version of the iOS app with no improvement.  Still getting messages every 15 minutes.  Support had turned it off on the back-end but as a test wanted me to put it back on and then back off.  Unfortunately, when turning it off, the alerts never stopped.

My suspicion is that i'm turning it off while there is high utilization and because its in an triggered status, its not changing the flag from the iOS app.  Again.. just a suspicion.

This all may be compounded by a camera NVRthat is recording from 6 cameras.  This device shows in the app to be about 40Mbps.  For some reason, this shows as "Internet" bandwidth even though the traffic is all internal.