Problems connecting to wired camera

Solved
SC_DCC
Conversationalist

Problems connecting to wired camera

We have a IP CCTV camera on the network, which has an internal IP Address, and can also be accessed via the routers static IP with port forwarding to Meraki GO GX20 and then port forwarding to the camera.

When on a wired computer I can load the camera up OK using either the internal or external IP Address.

I can also access the camera OK on my tablet when not on site using the external IP Address.

However when I am on site connected via wifi, I cannot see the camera via the internal IP, which I am guessing is something on the firewall blocking but that is OK, because I thought I would still be able to connect via the external IP, but that fails to load.

What do I need to do to be able to view the camera when onsite over WiFi. ? Either on the internal or external IP Address

1 Accepted Solution
SC_DCC
Conversationalist

I have everything on the default Vlan1.

The computers were able to access OK via the wired connection but the laptop was not able to access.

I have created another SSID just for the Live Stream and when I put that in Bridge mode it is now allowing me to connect to the camera.

The generic WiFi for guests was in NAT mode which was preventing the access.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
TyShawn
A model citizen

Can you share a bit about your network, so we may be able to help you with this issue. 

What VLAN are the computers , cameras, and tablets on?

How is the SSID setup for the tablets?

SC_DCC
Conversationalist

I have everything on the default Vlan1.

The computers were able to access OK via the wired connection but the laptop was not able to access.

I have created another SSID just for the Live Stream and when I put that in Bridge mode it is now allowing me to connect to the camera.

The generic WiFi for guests was in NAT mode which was preventing the access.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.