New Hardware Coming?

Camfj141
Here to help

New Hardware Coming?

Any new hardware coming or planned? Would like to see a new gateway/router with 1Gig throughput. Also would like to see Wifi 6 APs. 

5 REPLIES 5
hidden0
Meraki Go Team

Hello @Camfj141 

Outside of the new web app we've built, this is the most commonly referenced topic. The community has certainly been heard, and the need for new hardware has not gone unnoticed. 

With that being said, do let us know what you would like to see in new products! Would you be happy with just more throughput, or do you want to see additional feature sets for the hardware (be it the security gateway or the wireless access points)?

500 to 1 gig throughput on gateway and Wifi 6 APs.

stevec101
Here to help

Security gateway with >500Mbps throughput would be great along with an update to Wifi6.  Throw in support for fast roaming too???  🙂

EdwardWilson
New here

Updating the switches to support SFP+ 10Gb link would be a nice addition. Switching capabilities are already adequate for the application of these switches but having only SFP 1Gb limits the overall network when wanting to have more switch to switch capacity.

I agree with @stevec101, 500Mbps gateway as that's a least the standard of ISP connections (at least in the UK) and WiFi6 would be nice too. I would say the Go hardware is feeling dated in todays market place. I think it's a great product and cost is fantastic value for money - if we had latest hardware which has a longer life (APs which don't support latest standards means an update needed in the next couple of years) will help justify the larger expense over alternatives like Tp-Link, Unify etc

Price-Networks
Conversationalist

500 to 1 gig throughput on gateway and Wifi 6 APs.