Need help - Meraki Go not working with Watchguard Firebox

Solved
djones15acm
New here

Need help - Meraki Go not working with Watchguard Firebox

I have a private classroom network established with a Watchguard Firebox firewall facing the Internet connection. Last week, I connected a Meraki Go GR10 to the network. The Firebox was able to give it an IP address, and the SSID is broadcast, but devices can't connect to it and the wireless network is showing up as "offline" in the Meraki Go app. Going through the instructions online, I found this:

If a firewall is in place, it must allow outgoing connections on particular ports to particular IP addresses. The most current list of outbound ports and IP addresses for your particular organization can be found here

Clicking that "here" link took me to a Meraki dashboard login page, but when I logged into that, I got a message referring me back to the Meraki Go app, which has no info whatsoever regarding outbound ports or IPs.

On the Firebox, I created a rule to allow all traffic from the Firebox to the GR10 and vice-versa, but that didn't help.

Obviously, I'm missing something here. Any ideas on how I can get the GR10 to work on my network?
1 Accepted Solution
Cykstfc
Here to help

I ran a packet capture on a GR10 and the following IP/FQDNs are being used for communication:

209.206.54.112 dal1123.meraki.com UDP Port 7351 (Meraki Cloud Communication)
209.206.51.14 sdg1071.meraki.com UDP Port 7351 (Meraki Cloud Communication)
8.8.8.8 Google DNS (Uplink connection monitor)

With that said, very rarely is outbound traffic limited in a way that you need to make exceptions, unless you are trying to connect the GR10 to a network that does not normally allow outbound traffic or you work in a highly secure facility.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1
Cykstfc
Here to help

I ran a packet capture on a GR10 and the following IP/FQDNs are being used for communication:

209.206.54.112 dal1123.meraki.com UDP Port 7351 (Meraki Cloud Communication)
209.206.51.14 sdg1071.meraki.com UDP Port 7351 (Meraki Cloud Communication)
8.8.8.8 Google DNS (Uplink connection monitor)

With that said, very rarely is outbound traffic limited in a way that you need to make exceptions, unless you are trying to connect the GR10 to a network that does not normally allow outbound traffic or you work in a highly secure facility.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.