issue with seeing both GS110-8P switches when in my hardware dashboard

nickxx4360
New here

issue with seeing both GS110-8P switches when in my hardware dashboard

Hi Guys. I installed a Meraki go GS110-8P switch. I bought another switch for my network about a week later. I can only see one at a time when managing them on the web console.

I noticed that if one is plugged in, while the other is off, I get a static ip of my Verizon router. So that is telling me that they have to be configured a certain wat so that they do not conflict with each other.

right now, I have both plugged into a internal port on my verizon router. They are not physically close to each other. do I need to plug one into the other, then config them a certain way in order to administer both on the Web console dashboard?

1 Reply 1
Cykstfc
Here to help

Do you have static IPs configured on the switches or are you using DHCP/ DHCP reservation?

Having two devices with the same statically assigned IP will cause a conflict as the router must keep what’s called an ARP table with 1:1 mapping. If so, I recommend following the below article but selecting DHCP instead of static for both switches, or assigning different IPs outside of your DHCP scope (configured on your router).

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_-_How_to_Assign_a_Static_IP_to_Meraki_Go_Equipment#The...

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.