GX20 static WAN IP

Solved
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

GX20 static WAN IP

Is it possible to configure a static, public IP on the WAN interface?  I don't see a way..

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
1 Accepted Solution
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

Meraki Go equipment have a management page like the Meraki systems have.  While this article is for an access point, it should work for a GX

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_-_How_to_Assign_a_Static_IP_to_an_Access_Point

Dave Anderson

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7
DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

Meraki Go equipment have a management page like the Meraki systems have.  While this article is for an access point, it should work for a GX

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_-_How_to_Assign_a_Static_IP_to_an_Access_Point

Dave Anderson

you were referring to LAN static ip, but we are asking for WAN static IP. Any good idea?

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

@mitcnn,

You will have to use the Local Status page for the GX.  You can find the instructions on the links in the accepted answer.  The specific instructions are about halfway through the page.

- Dave

Dave Anderson
JimboinTexas
Comes here often

I am not having any luck with connecting a GX20 router to a Spectrum modem with a static public IP.  I have read the documentation.  

From the home page I click Hardware, then click on the GX20 device, then click Settings in the top right corner, then click IP Configuration, then fill out the public static IP address info for the Spectrum modem.  I never can get it to connect for internet.

Is this the correct place to enter in the WAN info?

DHAnderson
Head in the Cloud

@JimboinTexas 

No, it is not to correct location.  You have to use the GX20's Local Status Page.  You can follow the instructions below.  They are the same for all the Meraki Go equipiment:

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_-_Local_Status_Page

-Dave

Dave Anderson
JimboinTexas
Comes here often

I had it working doing what you said.  Then I went into the meraki go app and changed the gateway from 192.168.1.10 to 192.168.1.1 and nothing works. I can't get into the status page.  I have tried to put the setting back to .10.  Nothing works now.  I have unplugged and pluged in stuff for a few hours.  I guess I will do a reset on the device and start over.  If I can't get it to work this time around I will get another product.  A very frustrating device to set up.

@JimboinTexas 

Changing settings for the WAN should be done on the local status page only.

Once that is done, you can create a network in the application by clicking on the WiFi button at the bottom of the screen.  There you add your subnet.  Give the subnet a name and the GX an address ending in .1 with a subnet mask of 24.  Disconnect any clients and reconnect them so they get the proper address and DNS information for the network.

To setup a reserved address:

1. Go to Settings (the gear)
  2. Click on Advanced Settings
  3. Click on Local network addressing. 
  4. Click on you network
  5. Click on the small arrow on the right hand side of the screen. 
  6. Click on the round bubble that says Reserved IP Addresses
  7. Click on the + for Reserved IP Ranges and enter a range
  8. Click on + for Device Reservations to reserve an address in the above range.

-Dave

Dave Anderson
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.