GX20 flashing RED

stltech
New here

GX20 flashing RED

I have a new GX20 security gateway. This is a first time setup and the device has never connected to the Internet. It is directly connected to a Spectrum modem. The public IP is static and not dynamic. I have successfully established internet connectivity by connecting a laptop directly to the modem with the static entry.

After connecting the GX20 to the modem and powering on, the device flashed orange following the rainbow. There is no AP so I then used a laptop connected to the GX20 to access the local status page and entered the static IP info. The static IP, default gateway, subnet and DNS were verified. Once saved there was no change and the GX20 was rebooted. This is when the device went to flashing red and I can no longer access the local status page.

No other devices are connected to the modem or GX20 security gateway. The modem and GX20 have been powered off and rebooted several times with no change. The GX20 has been factory reset several times, but returns to a flashing red LED and no access to the local status page so I am unable to verify IP entry has been reset.

Prior to the reboot the cloud status stated the device was unable to connect to Ethernet or the Internet.

Can anyone enlighten me or have any sage advice?

1 Reply 1
Satsuki
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

Did you open a support ticket for this or did you get the device working already? 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.