GS110-24 switch in "AMBER" mode and not connecting to Meraki Cloud or internet for that matter

GroupeBleu
Conversationalist

GS110-24 switch in "AMBER" mode and not connecting to Meraki Cloud or internet for that matter

I purchased a 24-port switch over the weekend to add to my Meraki Go collection and I am reaching frustration level. Over the weekend I had the switch connected on a non-main LAN connection (VPN router) and had 11 IP cameras running connected to a PoE switch via the 24-port switch and no problem, the switch came online, I disconnected it and tested it out and smooth as a sailor. I removed the switch on Monday and added it to the rest of the family but it wasn't a warm welcome. The switch was falling in and out at one point, cuz suddenly my LAN-connected speakers weren't online via AirPlay.

I noticed that some ports were not turned on, I then removed the switch from power, repowered it, and even swapped the power cable for a known working cable, did the same thing with the RJ45 cables, but nada.  

And all this time suddenly my AP's started to show an "Alerting" status for well over 24 hours, going on 96hrs. I have reset all Meraki Go devices connected, I have removed, and re-connected them to the dashboard and LAN connection. Tried static IP and DHCP but the same alert is being given on the web portal and the app.

Note, that the 24-port switch doesn't have the same reset behavior as the 8-port switches, not sure if this is normal for the 24-port switch or not, I would think all switches rested with the same behavior, flesh, flesh, flesh light, turn off and done. Wait for restart. But the 24-port doesn't give me the flashy dance, the lights on the connected ports go off, amber light turns white for a second and turns back to amber. It does the startup dance but sadly for me, the 24-port switch doesn't want to join the rest of the family so no white/online light for me so it goes back to being mad, amber.

I've power cycled and disconnected/reconnected everything to no avail countless times with the GX20 behind my ISP or having them directly connected to the ISP modem but the alert remains. As for the other switches in the network, they are well behaved and were just not a fan of a new member so the 24-port has been down on me. I tried the local page setting, reset and repowered, STATIC or DHCP but it is just not connecting. Occociallny the amber light turns in white color and starts blinking and does this for some time and stops. 

I'm at a breaking point and this is driving me up a wall, this shouldn't be this difficult to get this going but it seems I'm failing.

I have made a ticket and am nowhere in getting to a resolution for this issue, as I am being replied back with links to troubleshoot the issue while I have tried the same steps, well let's say several languages!

Please help with this matter.

JDS

iamjairo
1 Reply 1
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @GroupeBleu 

I see you mentioned you got to the local status page but didn't mention what the error was listed there. 

I think at this point you should start getting concrete data about the state of the switch when it is facing problems without power cycling it.

(For reference) All Meraki Go switches have a permanent local interface of 1.1.1.100, on a /24 subnet.

If you connect a laptop and assign a static IP to the laptop of 1.1.1.99 and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0, you should be able to go to 1.1.1.100 in your browser to see the real-time status of the switch. This includes the current error the switch is facing, causing the LED state to be what it is. Knowing what that error message, and knowing that the device has a sane configuration will go a long ways in pinning down the cause of your problems.

The same tactic can be applied to the access points. If you connect to an access point wirelessly and navigate to ap.meraki.com you should hit the local status page, similar to the switch, showing the current status of the device.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.