GR12 in Mesh Mode - AP tagging and Ethernet Bridging support?

avg
New here

GR12 in Mesh Mode - AP tagging and Ethernet Bridging support?

Hi guys,

Anybody knows if GR12-HW-EU (Meraki Go Indoor WiFi 6 Access Point) supports the following 2 features when working in Mesh Mode with 2-3 additional GR12-HW-EU devices:

• "AP tagging" to disable specific SSIDs on specific repeaters
  • "Ethernet Bridging" to bridge across a mesh link wired clients connected to a repeater access point's Ethernet port.

As per the links below, both features seem to be available for Meraki MR devices, but I couldn't find anything similar for Meraki Go:

Thanks in advance!
avg

2 Replies 2
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

For AP tagging to disable specific SSIDs it looks like you can.  They call it "limited broadcast" apparently: 

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Features/Meraki_Go_WiFi_Access_Point_Features#Limited_Broadcast

Ethernet bridging, I don't think so.

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
avg
New here

Many thanks @BrandonS ! I was unaware of the documentation page, very useful. My main concern though is if these features are also supported in mesh mode.

I already have a TP-Link wireless mesh at home but now have the need to run one SSID on a single AP while in mesh mode. Meraki-Go looks like a great replacement option but I'd like to get confirmed if my use case is supported or not beofre buying 😕

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.