First full-stack Meraki Go installed today - question on port forwarding

SOLVED
macsolutions
Getting noticed

First full-stack Meraki Go installed today - question on port forwarding

I did my first full stack (Firewall, Switch, WiFi) install today. No real problems, but some of the devices had to be repeatedly rebooted to get them to configure correctly.

Now that everything is in and it appears to be working well enough, customer has asked me for a VPN (they didn't ask about that before I did the install!!!)

I've got a machine inside of the network configured as a VPN server now, but I can't seem to poke any holes in the firewall.

I've got port 1701 UDP forwarded to my VPN machine, but I can't figure out where I'm getting stopped. I don't think it's a problem behind the firewall, because I've got 2 other ports forwarded to different machines, and those don't connect either.

I did an NMAP port scan on the network, and there are no open ports.

So what do I need to do to actually open the ports?

IMG_500B4FB9FD87-1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Lee
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi Macsolutions,

Could you please reach out to support via the app. They'll be able to check whether the port forwarding rules are being applied correctly. 

Lee

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
Lee
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

Hi Macsolutions,

Could you please reach out to support via the app. They'll be able to check whether the port forwarding rules are being applied correctly. 

Lee

MaYHeM
New here

Did this get resolved?  I can't get any port forwarding to work either.  I've reached out to support via the app, but it's been days with no response.  I need to get this resolved.

rlawson55
New here

This is why I am already returning the product.  Less than 12 hours owning it.  

Sorry, but I don't need to open a TAC case just to open a port on my router.

rsafadi911
Conversationalist

i have also just purchase the merakiGo security gateway / switch / outdoor AP , i was very concerned by  this thread , does the gateway not support 1:1 nat forwarding ? if it doesn't will there be future firmware updates to support this as this is very in demand by all small business which is the target consumer for the Go product line.

I would also like to know this, please. I just set up a network using Ubiquiti hardware and getting the port forwarding to go through the vlan was NOT straightforward.  If Meraki Go is not capable of doing this, I need to know so I can get the full Meraki hardware instead.  I'll NEVER use Ubiquiti again, but I cannot waste time with Meraki Go isn't up to the job and just go straight to full Meraki.  Please advise!

Port forwarding is definitely possible. In my case, it just had to be kicked in the pants.

https://documentation.meraki.com/Go/Meraki_Go_Security_Gateway_Port_Forwarding

I had already read that.  Doesn't address forwarding to one of the vlans, though.  Regular port forwarding, which is very basic and easy, doesn't do the job in the Ubiquiti equipment, and it took me four hours to find the answer as to how to do it.  Had to manually set up a 1-to-1 NAT in the routing table.  I have experience with Meraki (not Go though) and I know their stuff is straightforward, can you verify that using the basic port forwarding works when forwarding to vlans though? Thanks.  Sorry if I was unclear in my initial question.

I have the same issue ..port forwarding to vLans.. any resolution?