Do I still need Comcast?

Solved
LarryF
New here

Do I still need Comcast?

Hello!

New to the Community, Meraki Go, and network set-up in general. Apologies if this is a silly question...

I plugged in my Meraki Go access point but there's no internet. Do I still need Comcast in order to actually get internet?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution
VincentPanico
Getting noticed

Hi @LarryF - 

Yes, you will still need your Comcast connection. You'll also need the Meraki Go access point plugged into the Comcast modem with a network cable so it receives signal. The Meraki Go access points will turn that connection into wifi for you and your customers, allowing you to secure and control the wireless in ways Comcast won't let you.

Vincent 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
VincentPanico
Getting noticed

Hi @LarryF - 

Yes, you will still need your Comcast connection. You'll also need the Meraki Go access point plugged into the Comcast modem with a network cable so it receives signal. The Meraki Go access points will turn that connection into wifi for you and your customers, allowing you to secure and control the wireless in ways Comcast won't let you.

Vincent 

Wow, thank you for the fast response, @VincentPanico! That was my suspicion but it's good to get it confirmed. Cheers!

You're welcome @LarryF! Let me know if you have any other questions!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.