Customer wants to add 2 WiFi 6 APs to existing system

Smart_Homz
Just browsing

Customer wants to add 2 WiFi 6 APs to existing system

Customer has 3 GR10s  already installed and wants to expand coverage with to more WAPs. Can I add 2 GR12s to the existing system without causing issues? Thanks!

3 Replies 3
Franco244
Getting noticed

Yes there shouldn't be any issues aside from feature parity. Just note this is coming from me working with actual Meraki hardware and not Go, but since it's the same firmware, should work just the same. 

speakerfritz
A model citizen

I had 2 gr10’s wired initially

i installed 2 gr 12’s wired and moved the 2 gr10’s out to the perimeter as meshed repeaters.

Two networks are being broadcasted, 1 for low speed  utility devices such as cameras, printers, air conditioners, door bells, etc, and the other for high speed use such as laptops, cell phones, midea streaming, etc.

you can run network topography to confirm the APs are running the way you planned.

also, there seems to be some tweaking with orientation interns of how they face horizontally or vertically and what is in line of sight to the AP’s.

It sure what the optimal arrangement is just letting you know what I did.

speakerfritz
A model citizen

Also

the meshed repeaters have a bandwidth cost penalty ….the repeaters only allow 50% of the bandwidth that the wire AP’s have (assuming 1 hop).

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.