Custom DNS Addresses GX20

SOLVED
StuKoalaIT
Getting noticed

Custom DNS Addresses GX20

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone knew a way of adding custom DNS settings to the GX20? I would like to use specific addresses if possible.

Cheers,

Stu

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@Roska @StuKoalaIT 

Version 2.10.0 is now available in both stores. 

- The Meraki Go App is now additionally available in Portuguese, Dutch, Korean, Russian, Chinese, and Polish

- You can now update which DNS servers get provided to clients by your Meraki Go GX

- Fixed a bug where you could not add an excluded URL on your security subscription settings

- Fixed a poor UX with changing accounts

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@StuKoalaIT - if you are on the settings tab of the navigation bar, then under the advanced settings section you will see Local network addressing. You can click "Reserved IP addresses" and configure from there.

James

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki

James I can't see the custom DNS settings under the reserved IP addresses, it only gives me the option to enter the IP range details.

Cheers,

Stu

Same here as @StuKoalaIT  no options for adjusting DNS settings

JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@StuKoalaIT & @Roska - Sorry for the confusion. Custom DNS settings on the GX are not yet enabled on Meraki Go.

We did however just release 2.6.0 to both the app and play stores which includes "Security Policy Selection" on the optional Meraki Go Security Subscription.

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki
Roska
A model citizen

Ok thanks, quite a pace you guys have. Seems that the 2.6 version in not available in my country app stores yet.

@JamesMW wrote:

@StuKoalaIT & @Roska - Sorry for the confusion. Custom DNS settings on the GX are not yet enabled on Meraki Go.

We did however just release 2.6.0 to both the app and play stores which includes "Security Policy Selection" on the optional Meraki Go Security Subscription.

@JamesMW But it would possibly be in the pipeline for the future? I'm curious since I have Umbrella Insights in use and for now I have to install the agent on every endpoint. For some of them agents are not supported so they are not protected with Umbrella.

JamesMW
Meraki Go Team
Meraki Go Team

@Roska @StuKoalaIT 

Version 2.10.0 is now available in both stores. 

- The Meraki Go App is now additionally available in Portuguese, Dutch, Korean, Russian, Chinese, and Polish

- You can now update which DNS servers get provided to clients by your Meraki Go GX

- Fixed a bug where you could not add an excluded URL on your security subscription settings

- Fixed a poor UX with changing accounts

James Wilson
Cisco Meraki