Cannot enable Security Protection in App

AndyShore
Conversationalist

Cannot enable Security Protection in App

Hi,

I have purchased the security protection licence and its is showing in the license section on the Meraki Go web site but I do not get the turn on slider in the App.

I can see the license is applied to this device.

Getting nowhere fast with Meraki support.

Anyone got any ideas or seen this before.

Cheers

Andy

11 REPLIES 11
hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi @AndyShore 

I'm sorry to hear you are having problems. Support is definitely the best path towards identifying the root cause of this problem and taking corrective actions.

There have been errors in the past with the network request and linkage to the security services. Do you have any errors trying to turn on the slider in the app, or is it simply disabled?

AndyShore
Conversationalist

IMG_0981.PNG

The slider isn't even there to slide 😞

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

This looks like something support is going to have to intervene for. We'll get you sorted out!

AndyShore
Conversationalist

this is where the slider should be though, right?

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Yes indeed @AndyShore - after some review we found your case and it looks like we're going to have to fix this one for you, sorry for the inconvenience! Stay tuned for an update from support.

ZPaul
Conversationalist

I claimed security subscription for GX20 4 days ago and I am experiencing the same issue with the Option not showing under Settings. I have been working with the support team but so far no resolution. How can I get the fix applied to my account? Thanks 

AndyShore
Conversationalist

Open a support ticket, mine issue was fixed same day. The options just appeared in the app. I think there’s an issue on the backend of the app which isn’t user accessible. 

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hey @ZPaul - contacting support is definitely the right move for problems of this nature.

Has the support team been unresponsive, or have their efforts thus far proven unfruitful?

ZPaul
Conversationalist

Good Day All, 

I believe my issue is resolved. I can see the security option on my dashboard. I will share fix if provide by the support team. 
Thanks.

ZPaul
Conversationalist

The fix was applying my subscription on the backend. Thanks All.

hidden0
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Glad to hear its all working @ZPaul 

For you and anyone else coming along to find this post, I'd like to offer a few more details about the issue.

On rare occasion, the linkage of the subscription in our database needs a manual interaction to be completed. Opening a support case is the correct path of action to take. Be sure to log into the Meraki Go mobile app, and open a support case from the settings menu.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have for the minority of users facing this problem. Our team is working to ensure all future license applications are performed seamlessly.