Whats his type ?

TD_BE
Conversationalist

Whats his type ?

Hello all,

I need to replace the one in the picture, as it is broken.

But like to know the MR type , as it doesn't ring a bell to me ( will be a rather old type I think )

Even if I replace this one, can I replace by example a MR33 ?

Thanks for helping me out !

4 REPLIES 4
TD_BE
Conversationalist

meraki.jpg

RodrigoC
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

That there is a Meraki Indoor!

Whether or not you can replace that device with a newer MR depends entirely on your Dashboard. Since the Indoor predates Cisco Meraki's current licensing model, your Dashboard could be operating in Legacy mode (no licenses required, but no non-legacy devices supported). If you want to replace this device with a more current MR product, you would have to upgrade your Dashboard to Enterprise mode, which would require you to purchase licenses for all your active devices. If your Dashboard is already running Enterprise mode, then you can swap that Indoor for any Meraki AP you please! 😃

- Rodrigo

MacuserJim
A model citizen

I don't recognize that model. Does it not say on a label on the underside, maybe by the power and ethernet ports? As for a replacement, you can replace it with an MR33. However Meraki offers different models of APs for different applications. Now would be a good time to review the wireless needs (client count, area of coverage, etc) and get the best AP for that.

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

its the "meraki indoor"

ID2-PRO-us or eu or whatever 😛

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.