Way to locate Meraki order details with HW serial

SOLVED
Roska
A model citizen

Way to locate Meraki order details with HW serial

Has anybody found a way to locate Meraki order details for a specific HW serial number? Meraki shipment confirmations do not provide this info, those only list Cisco SO, Meraki SO and partner booking reference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I know there's an Order Number column in the Organization > Inventory.

Also, in the Organization > Changelog, if you search for the word "claim", you may find the info you need. Order numbers are mentioned there too.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
BrechtSchamp
Kind of a big deal

I know there's an Order Number column in the Organization > Inventory.

Also, in the Organization > Changelog, if you search for the word "claim", you may find the info you need. Order numbers are mentioned there too.

Oh yes, thanks for reminding me! Anyway I just submitted some wishes on both inventory and license info pages.

Yes there is an order number column as mentioned by @BrechtSchamp  although when i check my inventory page this column is not populated for any of my hardware.....

In an ideal world you should be asset tagging your equipment and have some kind of database to manage your assets as well as show purchase information such are order numbers and invoice numbers. 

Same here for a lot of devices, I'm not sure why. That's why I also added the changelog part. I find more info there usually.

Meraki side EMEAR response was to use disti files as I suspected it would be. Lets check again next week after Meraki has fullfilled my wishes. However I feel that external ITAM system, CRM or whatever is preferable to locate all data involved.

serial numbers are sent to the purchasing party via the daily fulfillment log email - this can be sent by distribution to the customer if necessary. The order can also be claimed by the order # and search with the order # for the shipping notification email.

I marked this thread closed. Thanks for your input.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.