VDI at DC how to enable branch level internet breakout?

Solved
BS
Getting noticed

VDI at DC how to enable branch level internet breakout?

Hey all,

I do have a VDI set up at DC with DC based Internet. With SD-WAN I would like to do a branch level internet breakout.

Do you guys got any write up's on how to achieve this or any best practice approach you can suggest?  topic is slightly different mostly MS based I hope.. appreciate your feedbacks

Regards

BS

1 Accepted Solution
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anything you run inside of a VDI session, including a web browser, will use the Internet where the server hosting the VDI sessions is located.

To use local Internet break out out need to run a web browser on a local machine, not a VDI session.

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
BS
Getting noticed

Hey thanks for the response.

Split tunnel is how we enable it, my ask is more specifically on how to plan it.

when you access a VDI its just the key strokes we do from local computer, if I have to access the IE/Chrome or any browser how do i direct to local gateway at branch?

Do i need to use a local browser outside the VDI? Have you come across any such scenario?

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Anything you run inside of a VDI session, including a web browser, will use the Internet where the server hosting the VDI sessions is located.

To use local Internet break out out need to run a web browser on a local machine, not a VDI session.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.