Global First: Meraki Users Group Meeting

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Global First: Meraki Users Group Meeting

If you live in Auckland, New Zealand - or can get there for Wednesday the 24th of October then please come along to the world's first Meraki Users Group meeting.

https://www.westconcomstor.co.nz/meraki-community-live-rsvp/

5 REPLIES 5
mmmmmmark
Building a reputation

I'm sad to say that I can't make it but i'll send my proxy 😉mm.jpg

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

@PhilipDAth

Some years ago, I had to launch a product / user group in Wellington for a product that was eventually taken over by Racal.

It was a miserable windy, wet Wellington winter😒 and I thought hard to figure out what would get folk out.

Eventually I came up with two "hooks" - Sushi and holding the event in a place with really good sims (an invite list with a high nerd content). It was a roaring success and I had to ration invitations to future meetings. It made a popular change from sending out for pizza.

All the best for a great meeting.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Do we have any pictures from this gathering. I saw it mentioned on Linkedin as well. 

We had 3 x 10 minute speakers, separated by 10 minutes of drinks and nibbles and talk.

Our first presenter was Peter McElhinney from Cisco Meraki to kick the event off.

I did 10 minutes talking about how magically features get added to your Meraki kit while you are sleeping at night.  I talked about 9 of the new features added to the MS product line this year that had no or little public announcement (at least, not announced like other more prominent features).

Lastly we had John Hopkins from Dataspace.  Dataspace uses data from Meraki to build patterns of customer and staff behaviour in retail environments and that information is used to improve the retail store.  As an example, you have a customer in Isle "x" near product "y".  Perhaps the customer has walked up and down the isle (presumably looking at more types of product "y").  Was a staff member with knowledge in product "y" nearby or available to help.  And in either case, where did the customer go next, and ultimately, did they then go to the POS area to complete a purchase or did they leave empty handed.

IMG_20181024_182556_STEREO.jpgIMG_20181024_172551_STEREO.jpg

Thanks @PhilipDAth for sharing, a shame I live on the wrong island and couldn't make it. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.