Feedback on the new look & feel?

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Feedback on the new look & feel?

Hi all!

We hope you like the new look & feel we just launched (more info here) ! It always takes some time to get used to change…

We’d love to get your thoughts about it. What annoys you? What do you particularly like? What adjustments could we make to make your life easier? What bugs have you found?

Please reply to this thread with any feedback / bug reports. 

Thanks!
- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here
18 Replies 18
TyShawn
A model citizen

Overall I like the new look and feel. Most of my thoughts are around alerting and notifications, but they are wishlist items that I am not even sure should be a thing. So before I list those items out I would like a day or so to figure out how things are now. Great job and I love the side-pane drop downs. 

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @TyShawn! Definitely agree that the alerting and notifications need improvement - but those are things that are hard for us to do much with, as customers of a white-label platform (Khoros). We'd love to hear your thoughts, but also we may not be able to address. 

I don't think anything changed regarding alerting / notifications with this launch - but LMK if you have found differently!

Greenberet
Head in the Cloud

I really like the new look and feel. It really looks now similar to the meraki dashboard.
However I would love to get a dark mode =D

Agreed on dark mode! For now, browser plugins are your best bet. We are looking into dark mode, but our current suspicion is that it will be pretty challenging on this version of the community platform (which seems to have hard-coded colors sprinkled around here & there, and also uses Sass to precompile the CSS... the platform itself has been around since 2001, and in some places it shows its age). Anyway... we will do what we can!

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I feel like I'm on a different community - it is so different to the old look.

Looks very professional.

It’s still the same friendly place though 🙂

Pulkit_Mittal
Getting noticed

WoW, does look amazing! Easy to navigate, now that it looks similar to a Meraki Dashboard than a GitHub kinda library. 👻

MyHomeNWLab
A model citizen

I want easy access to document digests.
Please consider categorizing document digests.

It is now Label, not Category.

https://community.meraki.com/t5/forums/filteredbylabelpage/board-id/general/label-name/documentation...

Ah, you'd prefer there was a whole separate board for Documentation Digests? We could perhaps do that... but what's the specific reason for the request? 

I subscribed to "Label: Documentation Digest" and did not seem to receive any email notifications. I don't know if it's the same for others.
So I felt that if it was in a category, it would be easy to access and there would be no trouble with email notifications.

Ah ha, I didn’t realize email notifications for label subscriptions weren’t working! We will look into that as a first step. Cheers!

rwiesmann
A model citizen

Still need time to get used to the new look...somehow liked the old one, because it stayed for a long time.

Still I I like the new look also and will adapt quick.

It is like having a recent ex.  You still pine for them a bit while hooking up with the new person.

100 points...that comparison tells it all 😂

jimmyt234
Getting noticed

I am liking the new look and feel! I am a heavy user of the all posts page, to catch up on everything since my last visit, what used to happen is once I read a thread and visited this page it would un-bold the thread title and make it very obvious that I had read/seen that content, however now everything just shows the same so it is hard for me to tell what I've been through and read before since my last refresh.

Ah, yes, thank you! We un-bold on most other pages but somehow missed the All Posts page. Will add to the queue!

rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

I haven’t really found a pattern, but I’ve noticed that sometimes the header will show the Meraki Go Community.

IMG_0429.png

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.

Noted! I’m guessing this happens only on pages outside of the content hierarchy (profile pages, search results page, PM inbox are the main ones). There is a cookie that is supposed to remember which content area you recently came from in order to give the right header… must not be working properly. Will file for investigation! 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.