Equipment webinars

SOLVED
patk1
Comes here often

Equipment webinars

Do the webinars that give away free equipment have to approved?  I've signed up twice, and in both cases never received a confirmation email.  Therefore, I was never able to view these.

I looked into these webinars at the suggestion of my Meraki sales rep.  But oddly he has not responded to my emails or phone calls about this issue.  So I thought I would ask here before moving on.  I'm just baffled by all of this. Smiley Frustrated  Needless to say, doesn't leave a good impression.

Thanks for any feedback. I appreciated it.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patk1 - 

It looks like, in your particular case, your mail server is giving us this message when we attempt to send the confirmation emails: "550 Sender's policy prohibits this message: Quarantine"

Perhaps try signing up with a different email address, or talk to whoever manages your email? 

Cheers!

- Caroline

Caroline S | Community Manager, Cisco Meraki
New to the community? Get started here

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patk1 -

Thanks for letting us know! I'm looking into this for you and will update here as soon as I know what's going on. Folks definitely DO get equipment from the webinars!

Cheers!

- Caroline

MRCUR
Kind of a big deal

I'll also add that I did an MS webinar over a week ago. Never heard from the assigned rep (not you, @MerakiDave!) and he hasn't responded to emails about the free switch. 

MRCUR | CMNO #12

Thanks @CarolineS for looking into that.  I won't pretend to understand the details, but sometimes there are certain restrictions, for example certain USAC/Erate funding rules might prohibit K12 customers from receiving free equipment.  So depending on what business vertical you're in, perhaps whatever local/national rules/regulations might come in to play, that could be a reason why free webinar equipment is not showing up.  Or it could just be timing!  I think it typically takes a couple months, possibly more.  Anyway, let's let Caroline answer back with the best email/team to reach out to.

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @patk1 - 

It looks like, in your particular case, your mail server is giving us this message when we attempt to send the confirmation emails: "550 Sender's policy prohibits this message: Quarantine"

Perhaps try signing up with a different email address, or talk to whoever manages your email? 

Cheers!

- Caroline

patk1
Comes here often

Caroline,

Thanks for the response.  The very first time I signed up, the spam filter on the email server caught the confirmation.  However, I white-listed it, so everything should have been good to go.  Or so I thought.  Was the message you referenced from my most recent sign-up? If so, that is odd.

I'll look into it further, but I do have another email I can use in the mean time.  Thanks clearing this up.

Pat

patk1
Comes here often

I discovered that my whitelist for meraki was just for my sales rep. Duh! So I changed it to include the whole domain. Hopefully that will fix this issue. I guess I'll try signing up for another webinar to see. Smiley Happy

CarolineS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh, great @patk1! Glad we got to the bottom of it!

patk1
Comes here often

@CarolineS wrote:

Oh, great @patk1! Glad we got to the bottom of it!

Well, maybe not. Smiley Sad  I should be getting  an email notification when someone replies to this post.  But I'm not.  Who can I check with to find out if the same "550 Sender's policy prohibits this message: Quarantine" message is still be generated at my mail server?

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.