cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECMS2

Highlighted
Here to help

ECMS2

I'm curious - has anyone actually been able to attend the ECMS2 training? I have never heard a single reply to my multitude of requests for a seat since the training was announced.

While the course is free I have a much better chance of justifying the trip to my company. Once Cisco puts the typical $2,000+ price tag on the course my opportunity to attend disappears like a fart in the wind. 

I have even had our sales rep who sold us our shiny new Meraki infrastructure get in-touch with his contacts at Meraki, and still nothing but crickets. 

Does the training actually exist, or is it a unicorn at this point, only available to a privileged lucky few?

Thanks!

Twitch 

8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

Re: ECMS2

I have attended, but it is very difficult to get into. My classmates were primarily Cisco sales engineers, large Meraki partners, and mostly otherwise people from companies with millions of USD in Meraki gear. Some of whom surprised me... I had no idea those companies used Meraki!

There were also only 10-12 students. When they say seating is limited, they mean it. We had two trainers in a room for 3 days of training, plus however much time setup/breakdown takes them. 

I hear you that it's frustrating, But it's largely a matter of resources. Meraki's training division is only so large, and ECMS2 is just one of the things that they do.

Highlighted
Kind of a big deal

@Twitch You could possibly demo so that you can get familiar with the products. That way you can get a general understanding and also look a lot at the webinars as they help with getting to know features as well. Hope it helps. I went to the training as well with @Nash and she makes a point where classmates were " Cisco sales engineers, large Meraki partners, and mostly otherwise people from companies with millions of USD in Meraki gear."  

Highlighted
Here to help

Don't need the demo. We have a large Meraki production environment that runs all of our plants across several states. 

Thanks for the responses, folks! I appreciate it. 

Getting noticed

I'm with You there @Twitch  ..

As I read it, the ECMS2 is last part if a set of education courses with tests and all .,.

I too would like to finish what I start, and have not seen one single announcement for this Course.

As to the education team is limited and only can do so much, it somewhat collides with the facts from this thread with "multi-million$ installations" and all ..

I would also like to hear some official viewpoints from Meraki on this ..

With highest regards

Thyge

Highlighted
Building a reputation

Hi I am Waiting since over a Year to get a slot. I think they stoped this.

Highlighted
Getting noticed

So I'm not the only one .. Thanx @MichelRueger 

Any news from Meraki... ?? Anyone ??

Highlighted
Community Manager

Thanks for your feedback! We’re happy to say that ECMS2 is still very much alive, but does still have limited capacity. We are currently pursuing other delivery mechanisms that will allow us to scale the program and make it more widely available. We will post to the Learning Hub when those offerings are available. Thanks for your patience.

Meredith W | Community Engagement Manager, Cisco Meraki

Found this helpful? Give me some Kudos! (click on the little up-arrow below) New to the community? Get started here
Highlighted
Getting noticed

@MeredithWAnytime 😀

I'll hang in there and spread the word among my peers..

/Thyge

Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.