CMNA Stack Renewal Issues

SOLVED
JRuggiero
Conversationalist

CMNA Stack Renewal Issues

Good morning all - hoping this community can guide me finding a resolution to an odd issue with licensing.

My CMNA stack is currently in the 30 day grace period before the gear stops functioning. This year alone I've completed my CMNA Refresh, ECMS 1 and ECMS 2. Surely I should be qualified to get the renewal!

So far I've contacted certifications@meraki.com three times without any response, opened a ticket (and was informed my only means of resolution is the above email address), and tried to contact my Meraki territory rep.

I would greatly appreciate any other avenues to raise this issue.

Thanks!

Jesse

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I went through this a year or so ago, here is an email I got from Meraki that should help. Maybe you have over 12 devices in your organization and missed an email like this? I only redacted a few private items:

Hi,

Based on our records, you originally received promotional gear from Cisco Meraki based on your attendance at a Cisco Meraki CMNA training program and it is nearing expiration1.

Your details:

• Org name: Team One Solutions
  • Org Link: http://dashboard.meraki.com
  • Expiration date: 6/9/2019
  • Promo order number: 4C1234567
  • # of applied licenses*: 16.0
  • CMNA Refresh attendance: true

Based on the information above you are currently not eligible for a free, automated 3-year license renewal. Please see below for actions you can take to potentially become eligible.

*Applied licenses: licenses that you have claimed to your organization

Requirements

To qualify for renewal you must:
  1. Be a current employee at an authorized Meraki reseller
  2. Have 12 or fewer applied licenses2
  3. Have attended and successfully completed a CMNA Refresh webinar
  4. Verify (using a link we will send you) that your network is not a customer network

Next Steps

• Successfully attend a CMNA Refresh webinar, (sign up here)
  • Once you meet the first 3 criteria we will send you an email with a link to verify your network.
  • Verify your network and we will renew your licensing

Help! My licenses haven’t been renewed. Once you have verified your network we aim to renew your licensing within 24 hours. If your organization has not been renewed at least 1 week before expiration and, based on the requirements above, you are eligible for renewal, please contact us at promorenewals@meraki.com so we can look into this for you.

Other options:

• If you are using the equipment for demo and testing and not in a customer network and are either not eligible for or prefer to purchase a license renewal, you can do so by working with your sales rep to submit an NFR order.
  • If you are purchasing the equipment licensing for a customer, please contact your Meraki rep to get a quote.

Happy Selling!
The Cisco Meraki Team

1 To see your expiration date, follow the org link above and click Organization -> License info
2 Systems Manager licenses are not included in the 12 or fewer applied license limit

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

I went through this a year or so ago, here is an email I got from Meraki that should help. Maybe you have over 12 devices in your organization and missed an email like this? I only redacted a few private items:

Hi,

Based on our records, you originally received promotional gear from Cisco Meraki based on your attendance at a Cisco Meraki CMNA training program and it is nearing expiration1.

Your details:

• Org name: Team One Solutions
  • Org Link: http://dashboard.meraki.com
  • Expiration date: 6/9/2019
  • Promo order number: 4C1234567
  • # of applied licenses*: 16.0
  • CMNA Refresh attendance: true

Based on the information above you are currently not eligible for a free, automated 3-year license renewal. Please see below for actions you can take to potentially become eligible.

*Applied licenses: licenses that you have claimed to your organization

Requirements

To qualify for renewal you must:
  1. Be a current employee at an authorized Meraki reseller
  2. Have 12 or fewer applied licenses2
  3. Have attended and successfully completed a CMNA Refresh webinar
  4. Verify (using a link we will send you) that your network is not a customer network

Next Steps

• Successfully attend a CMNA Refresh webinar, (sign up here)
  • Once you meet the first 3 criteria we will send you an email with a link to verify your network.
  • Verify your network and we will renew your licensing

Help! My licenses haven’t been renewed. Once you have verified your network we aim to renew your licensing within 24 hours. If your organization has not been renewed at least 1 week before expiration and, based on the requirements above, you are eligible for renewal, please contact us at promorenewals@meraki.com so we can look into this for you.

Other options:

• If you are using the equipment for demo and testing and not in a customer network and are either not eligible for or prefer to purchase a license renewal, you can do so by working with your sales rep to submit an NFR order.
  • If you are purchasing the equipment licensing for a customer, please contact your Meraki rep to get a quote.

Happy Selling!
The Cisco Meraki Team

1 To see your expiration date, follow the org link above and click Organization -> License info
2 Systems Manager licenses are not included in the 12 or fewer applied license limit

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)

Thanks for the info Brandon! I just sent an email to promorenewals@meraki.com and received a technical support ticket email confirmation, so we'll see if I get the same response that only the certifications@meraki.com can assist.

Will update this thread when I figure out a solution.

Jesse 

Adriana
Meraki Alumni (Retired)
Meraki Alumni (Retired)

Hi Jesse!

Great question! It appears you don't currently meet the eligibility requirements because you are over the 12 devices in your org. If you remove a few of the devices to satisfy this requirement, your licenses should auto-renew!

<<Edited to say "Hi Jesse!" instead of "Hi Brandon!", whoops!>>

JRuggiero
Conversationalist

Thanks Adriana - I only have five devices in there, unless the free 100 system manager licenses from years ago are counting against me?

Either way, Brandon's recommended contact of promorenewals@meraki.com did indeed get somebody looking into it straight away. Thanks for that! 

I got the same email about the license expiration. But there is no CMNA Refresh webinar anymore!

*Important Webinar Retired* Auto-Renewal & Next Steps – Cisco Meraki (zendesk.com)

Very strange that they keep sending this email and confuse us.

Hi,

I am receiving the same e-mail about license renewal with the information that I am not eligible, but I have the status

• CMNA Refresh attendance: false

I read in another post that Automatically this license will be extended withou any action, it is correct? Anyone Could Explain this to me?

Thank you.

I see that post too, but now I’m in grace period…😥, i wrote to promorenewals on April, but I don’t get a response, then I saw the post and I thought that I cover the requirements… but it seems not. 

IngSuzzy
Here to help

I got the same mail, Does anyone achieve the auto renewal? I’m a little concern about this issue… maybe the promo gear isn’t a good idea =P

IngSuzzy
Here to help

Im glad to inform, that although I was on period grace, just 2 days, i send the email to promorenewals@meraki.com this saturday when i see that my organization has not be auto renewed, today (monday) i got a notification that I'll be receiving an email with the confirmation order to renew the organization, and it came and now my organization is licensed to 2025 😁

MerryAki
Building a reputation

I also wrote an email to promorenewals@meraki.com

My network is not yet verified, but I did not even got an confirmation mail. 🤔

I will try certifications@meraki.com

MerryAki
Building a reputation

So, i wrote to promorenewals@meraki.com and certifications@meraki.com (took the eCMNA last year, as the CMNA is not available in our profile)

MerryAki_1-1679060674721.png

Thats sad, but then i will keep my ubiquiti gear in the lab, as it does not need a license (UDM Pro etc.)

MerryAki_0-1679060640510.png

😭

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.