CCNA Courses from a Good college online.

Alex1597533
Here to help

CCNA Courses from a Good college online.

Hello guys, I recently started working in networking. And  i think of going forward in my career path, so i am looking for any college or University which allow CCNA courses online? 

alex

18 REPLIES 18
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Come on, you have to at least tell us which country you are in ...

Haha.. apologies. I thought since it is online it wouldn't matter. United Kingdom. Thanks

Silly me - I missed the online bit.

I think Cisco network acadamy are usually courses you attend in person.

When I first started, long long ago, I bought the Cisco Press study guide, and just did that.

No worries at all... 😀

Yes, that is the thing, With limited time. I would be better off following a online course. Udemy has many courses, but not sure if the validity is the same as coming from an online college or Uni. 

Haha, well some people are genius, just the cisco study guide huh.  👍.. Me.. not so much.. would definitely  need support 😅

ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

-cbt nuggets  ccent/ ccna used to be good with  trainer Jeremy Cioara. (this guy is amazing) 

-INE  also offers video's and online classes

or just grap a book from Cisco Press like Philip said and read when you can.

Thank you very much ww..

CCNA is offered by the Open University CCNA Modules This might be better for anybody thinking of spending time in network engineering and management.

Robin St.Clair | Principal, Caithness Analytics | @uberseehandel

Thank you very much uberseehandel, This is interesting. I will check it out.
Nash
Kind of a big deal

For CCNA R&S, I used CBT Nuggets, Wendell Odom's book, and Todd Lammle's book. For labs, I had Boson labs thru my school but I think you'd be fine with either some eBay gear or Packet-Tracer labs. 

For the new CCNA due in February 2020, there's already course materials out there and available. 

CBT Nuggets for me was Jeremy Cioara, who is really engaging! My partner (db admin) would eavesdrop and crack up.

Wendell Odom dives into detail more, but is very dry.

Lammle was a little more surface level, but more engaging.... to me. I've had coworkers tell me he's also dry, but networking is My Thing so I was pretty happy.

Pluralsight also has some older courses that still overlap with the new requirements. If I had to get one online training, I'd get CBT Nuggets.

Uberseehandel
Kind of a big deal

I can recall doing a free on-line Juniper course that covered the fundamentals extremely well. JNCIA has several streams which would be of interest to a future professional, such as Dev-Ops, Enterprise Routing and Switching, Data Center, Service Provider and Cloud.

JNCIA is an introductory qualification, and need not be particularly product specific. Sometimes, it is useful to get an alternative view on a topic.

Nash
Kind of a big deal

If you want to learn some about network reliability engineering and automation, Juniper helped create NRE Labs.

Very highly recommended.

.. very informative, It feels like i have been living under a rock haha .. Thank you Nash
Nash
Kind of a big deal

You're not living under a rock. Unless you talk to people who've been there and done that, it's hard to know what training resources are considered solid. Your time is valuable, and there's no sense in wasting it on training materials that are missing just

huge huge chunks

of information, or are very badly written. Or have awful static and unpleasant speaking voices, lol.

Exactly, I agree 100% . If you are going to spend hours on a course, its best to reap from the best. Some try to help each other the best way possible with the experience they have gained . Asking this question here had given me many insights from You an everyone else who has commented here. Thank you Nash and everyone.
Alex1597533
Here to help

Thank you Riyasiva for the suggestion, I will check this college out. ( thumbs up )

@Alex1597533 

be careful not to be enticed by spammers pretending to hand out informed advice.

Thank you Uberseehandel. I understand you, but it is always good to gather information from everyone. Thanks again
Jenna22
Just browsing

I'm also thinking about taking a course in Cisco network academy, because I've asked a few people, and heard only positive feedback

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.