Any Cisco partners here that can help me?

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Any Cisco partners here that can help me?

merakipartners.com used to share updated MSRP price lists and stopped recently.  Now they have a document explaining how to get the MSRP list from CCW.  The thing is it won't work for me and I have had a ticket with Cisco for over a week with no resolution.  I am an indirect partner and they are telling me to be a direct partner to see list price in CCW?  My understanding is one of prerequisites for being a direct partner is $25M per year in sales and that is not me..

So, my question is are there any indirect partners here and if so have you been able to download current MSRP Meraki price lists from CCW per the instructions on merakipartners.com under collateral?

I can of course see MSRP per item if I make an estimate, quote or deal, but I want a simple list of every Meraki part and its list price to work with.  This should not be so hard.  

Thanks in advance.  This has been so frustrating. 

- Ex community all-star (⌐⊙_⊙)
6 REPLIES 6
PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

We work on a simple cost+% method ourselves, so perhaps you could change things to not need the MSRP?

Could you use the pricing tool?

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/applicat/content/pricingt/applications_overview.html

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Thanks.  We are cost plus too, but some of us got accustomed to having a simple, up to date sheet for quick calculations.  I am also working on an e-commerce project where I want MSRP easily too.

So far, I have a 250MB flat text file from Tech Data with our costs to work with 😉 As primarily a Mac user it was fun to realize I couldn't open it in Google sheets or Numbers because it is too big.  I also took the spreadsheet provided via merakipartners.com that has all the parts without prices and uploaded it into CCW as an estimate.  Then I exported it to get all the MSRP.  Wonky, at best since I would want to update it every 30 days at least to stay up do date.

Anyhow, thanks for the reference to that Cisco tool.  I will be exploring that soon.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm not sure how flexible your distibrutor is, but our one will send us a customised spreadsheet with just the product codes we want on it at pretty much any frequency we want.

The issue with it is because of different promotions and discounting, it makes using the numbers in anything than a very general sense unusable.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Right.  I guess that is the crux of my challenge trying to sell Meraki (or many things) online.  How to make sure I know my current cost. because I don't intend to be loading every online purchase in CCW.  Well, not small orders at least.

PhilipDAth
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I'm guessing you are US based.  Imagine being in another country, buying Meraki in $USD and selling in a different currency.  The sell price can change daily with the exchange rate.

BrandonS
Kind of a big deal

Good point.  And the reason I don't think I will accept Bitcoin and don't understand how people use it for normal transactions since its value changes from moment to moment..

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.