YouTube allowed group policy

RahulPrasadh
Here to help

YouTube allowed group policy

Hi all, I'm troubleshooting an issue where client has created a group policy for set of users to allow YouTube streaming and now, they can't access it instead they are adding each clients manually. How to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Can you show the group policy configuration please?

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

Yes

Seeing your configuration does not mean that your Group policy will allow YouTube, because for both the firewall rules and url filtering you are using the network's default, that is, if in the default you have restrictions you will still have restrictions, perhaps you have confusing it with restricted YouTube content which has another function.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Content_Filtering_and_Threat_Protection/Content_Filtering

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

But in this scenario I'm trying to allow only specific users in network for YouTube streaming, In this case overall should restrict YouTube for all users and should allow only for users in the group policy.

Create the Group policy allowing and set only for this user. Creating a Group policy does not mean that it will be applied immediately, you need to apply it to the user or to a VLAN. See the documentation.

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.