When was my device registered?

Solved
KRam
New here

When was my device registered?

Hello, I took over a network and am trying to determine how long my devices have been in service. I can get all the serials from the portal but am unable to locate when they were registered or put in service. Is this available someplace?

1 Accepted Solution
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Inventory will display the date the Serial was claimed into your Org. 

Organization -> Overview will display the creation of the network

Organization -> Change Log might display the date which the serial was added to a network.

Hope that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

You can find it in the change log, but there is a maximum time the logs are retained, so if it's something very old you probably won't have the information.

alemabrahao_0-1707496649871.png

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Privacy_and_Security/Cloud_Data_Retention_Po...

alemabrahao_0-1707496841023.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
RaphaelL
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Organization -> Inventory will display the date the Serial was claimed into your Org. 

Organization -> Overview will display the creation of the network

Organization -> Change Log might display the date which the serial was added to a network.

Hope that helps.

If I'm not mistaken, this is only valid for co-termination, for per device license it is in the Change log of Inventory. 😛

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
KRam
New here

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! The best place I found was actually under Inventory, then Licenses which shows the activation date. Thanks to all for the help!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.