My Co-terminal License will get expired coming Aug 31. Kindly give direction for below scenario

Solved
krishnatpi
Conversationalist

My Co-terminal License will get expired coming Aug 31. Kindly give direction for below scenario

Please confirm the following scenarios:

Meraki Firewall in front of SDWAN - When the firewall licenses reach the end of their grace period, all client traffic past the firewall will be blocked. Users will not have internet access, and Will Be Blocked from communicating with other TPI locations, AWS and Oracle via SDWAN.

Meraki Firewall behind SDWAN - When the firewall licenses reach the end of their grace period, all client traffic past the firewall will be blocked. Users will not have internet access, and Will Not Be Blocked from communicating with other TPI locations, AWS and Oracle via SDWAN.

For the RI, IA, AZ, Santa Teresa, India, Denmark and Germany locations, how many are designed with the firewall in front of the SDWAN devices?

1 Accepted Solution
DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Basically - when your licences expire your MX's will become nothing more than a brick.  They won't pass traffic - simples

Renew your licence and the magic will continue.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5
rhbirkelund
Kind of a big deal

When your CoTerm license expire, your Meraki Organizations (and indirectly all your Meraki networks) will enter a 30-day Grace period. When that 30 day Grace Period expires, and you have not yet renewed your licenses, all Meraki networking will stop working. AP's will shut down, Switches wil no longer switch frames, and your Meraki MX will no longer route packets.
Basically, your entire Meraki network will stop working. If your topology allows that the Meraki portion will be bypassed, whatever that it, it will still work. But as soon as traffic hit a Meraki device, packets are dropped.

@krishnatpi wrote:

For the RI, IA, AZ, Santa Teresa, India, Denmark and Germany locations, how many are designed with the firewall in front of the SDWAN devices?

Could you please elaborate on what you mean by this question?

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
krishnatpi
Conversationalist

Please confirm the following scenarios:

Meraki Firewall in front of SDWAN - When the firewall licenses reach the end of their grace period, all client traffic past the firewall will be blocked. Users will not have internet access, and Will Be Blocked from communicating with other TPI locations, AWS and Oracle via SDWAN.

Meraki Firewall behind SDWAN - When the firewall licenses reach the end of their grace period, all client traffic past the firewall will be blocked. Users will not have internet access, and Will Not Be Blocked from communicating with other TPI locations, AWS and Oracle via SDWAN.

Please  update me for the above question..

DarrenOC
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Basically - when your licences expire your MX's will become nothing more than a brick.  They won't pass traffic - simples

Renew your licence and the magic will continue.

Darren OConnor | doconnor@resalire.co.uk
https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrenoconnor/

I'm not an employee of Cisco/Meraki. My posts are based on Meraki best practice and what has worked for me in the field.

No. Assuming it is a Meraki MX handling SDWAN VPN connections, all traffic will be dropped. No access to Internet, no access to remote sites.

No. Assuming it is Meraki MX as One-Armed Concentrator handling SDWAN, and you have Meraki Switches, all traffic will be dropped. No access to internet, no access to remote sites.

If you do not have Meraki switches, and the MX is in One-Armed with SDWAN, all traffic destined for Remote sites via the MX will be dropped. If you do full tunnel via MX, Internet access is also blocked. If you have Local Internet Breakout, internet access is not blocked.

There is no black and white in networking; there are many different nuances...

LinkedIn ::: https://blog.rhbirkelund.dk/

Like what you see? - Give a Kudo ## Did it answer your question? - Mark it as a Solution 🙂

All code examples are provided as is. Responsibility for Code execution lies solely your own.
KathleenJ
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

As has been mentioned after the license expires you have a 30-day grace period to renew your license with an authorized Meraki reseller. Here is a link that provides detailed information on the access you will have after the license expires.

https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Licensing/Meraki_Licensing_FAQs#Co-Terminati...

If you found this post helpful, please give it kudos. If my answer solved your problem, click "accept as solution" so that others can benefit from it.
Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.