Meraki Platform Fundamentals Training

Matt_C
Here to help

Meraki Platform Fundamentals Training

Hello all,

So just finished the Meraki Platform Fundamentals , really great course for a Meraki noob and it's completely free, so much kudos to Cisco there for that, I will definately do the other free modules available for MS,MX and MR devices.

My main question is, how deep is the Certification training compared to what I could avhieve by going through the fundamentals training thoroughly on a little lab setup? Along with reading the suggested articles and white papers in the Fundamentas modules?

I've just started a new role that includes looking after some meraki networks and have suggested to my new manager that a nice little lab set up would be awesome for training, and with the added bebefit that we can use it as a dev network and it doesnt matter if we break it in dev when trying new things/configs and features.

Many thanks for your time all, kind regards

Matt

2 Replies 2
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I believe that almost everything that certification training covers you can get from what is offered for free.

If you do not intend to take the certification, reading the documentation and doing labs is the best way to learn.
I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Matt_C
Here to help

Hi alemabrahao,

Many thnks for the reply, that's good to know. I will take the exam but will deffo give it a few months, will work through the exam topics pdf and do all the training that is offered for free, also my boss seems pretty keen with the idea of a lab, so the future looks bright 😊

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.