Meraki Ap Clients Vlan Tagging

SOLVED
Alper_YILDIZ
Just browsing

Meraki Ap Clients Vlan Tagging

I'm new users for meraki AP . 

cisco backbone and MERAKI acces point.

vlan 53 to get acces point ip and vlans 15 ,53,62,167,200 that acces point will broadcast.

When the device is connected to the access point, although there is no vlan 53 tagging in the interface, it gets an ip from x.x.53.x via the dhcp server.

I couldn't find the solution. maybe i posted in the wrong place i don't know but

ap_config.pngap_port.png
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Yes, change it to just have VLAN 200 in the default line. No need for that "demo" line.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ww
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I assume the DHCP mode on the SSID is set to bridge.

In that case, you have to configure the VLAN Tag in the SSID for the VLAN you want.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MR/Client_Addressing_and_Bridging/VLAN_Tagging_on_MR_Access_Points

alemabrahao_1-1679928398693.png

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Alper_YILDIZ
Just browsing

yes, I looked at them and tried, but there is a situation like this. 

Users connecting to the access point receive ip from the block they should not receive.
because the access point mngmt blocks 51 , 52 , 53.

Other ip fields are ap s on sws they are correct.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-27 at 09.19.59 (1).jpeg

Is it my mistake here? I say add vlan and add the vlan I want to migrate. Do I just say default vlan and enter vlan number?

app.png

Do your APs also have that tag "demo"?

No instead of connecting to the system I asked if there was a mistake we made on my own demo.

Yes, change it to just have VLAN 200 in the default line. No need for that "demo" line.

thank you for everything

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.