Meraki AP not showing Online issue

Noob
New here

Meraki AP not showing Online issue

Hi.. We've recently decided to use Meraki AP. We have connected the meraki to switch and switch to routers and router to Sophos firewall. Our problem is the Meraki AP is not showing online and it shows never connected to the cloud. We've done the native trunk in the switch. Even then when we connect the AP the AP is not showing online (side note: when I connect the same port in my labtop I'm getting an IP and connect to the internet.). I've configured the firewall rule as given in the documentation too. So, it's not really the problem from Sophos side in my opinion.

So, what could be the problem. Do i need to do any special configuration in router or switches for getting Meraki AP online???

1 Reply 1
rwiesmann
A model citizen

Hi,

I asume that you claimed the device and license as needed.

1. Question: Does the AP get an IP and the correct one? (Local Status Page)

if so:

2: Ports on FW are correct...see document below:https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Other_Topics/Upstream_Firewall_Rules_for_Clo...

Maybe just open ones everything on the FW from the AP's IP address.

Also you could do a packet capture from the AP. Filter it to the address of you ap and check the communication to 

Meraki Addresses. Do you get answers or are you just sending?

Hope this helps

rgds

roger

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.