Internal IP address of our Meraki FW

jb61264
Conversationalist

Internal IP address of our Meraki FW

I am trying to get syslog files from our Meraki installation to a firewall analyzer called ManageEngine. ManageEngine requires the internal IP address of the Meraki but I cannot find it anywhere in the administrator interface. I can find the WAN IP address, but of course that is external...where is the internal IP address?

5 Replies 5
alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

Here.

https://documentation.meraki.com/MX/Networks_and_Routing/Configuring_VLANs_on_the_MX_Security_Applia...

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.

I have reviewed this document and received advice elsewhere on the internet pointing to this page, however, there is no specific location that refers to the IP address of the actual Meraki firewall device...it shows VLAN IP addresses, but where is the actual IP address of the Meraki device?

Hi,

it‘s a Firewall. You can create interfaces on it for routing and use those for talking to internal services.

Take a look here: https://documentation.meraki.com/General_Administration/Monitoring_and_Reporting/Syslog_Server_Overv...

Edit: to get things clear - There is no internal Management IP address on a MX like on MR or MS devices for example. Its reachable by the meraki dashboard through its own WAN IP address.

alemabrahao
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

The MX does not have a management IP, the IP it will use to communicate with the LAN is the IP you configure on that page, whether single LAN or VLAN.

I am not a Cisco Meraki employee. My suggestions are based on documentation of Meraki best practices and day-to-day experience.

Please, if this post was useful, leave your kudos and mark it as solved.
Crocker
Building a reputation

To clarify a bit, if you set up the MX to send syslog to a syslog receiver, it will source that traffic from the highest #'d VLAN interface defined on the MX. So, if you have a couple interfaces defined like so:

VLAN 10 - 10.10.10.0/24

VLAN 20 - 10.10.20.0/24

VLAN 30 - 10.10.30.0/24

The syslog traffic will source from the VLAN 30 interface, 10.10.30.1.

If at any point you add VLAN 40 - 10.10.40.0/24, the syslog will then come from 10.10.40.1.

If the site-to-site VPN/Meraki AutoVPN is in play, the syslog will source from the highest #'d VLAN participating in the VPN

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.