.organization file for Apple

Josh3
Here to help

.organization file for Apple

Is there a way to download a .organization file from MDM?  I have an ipad that I need to upgrade from IOS 12 to IOS 16.  It won't let it do an OTA install, so I am trying to plug into my iMazing software, but it keeps telling me that it is restricted from pairing due to supervision.  I don't understand this, so any help there is also appreciated, but my main question is this:  is there a way to get a .organization file that I can then import into iMazing?  Not sure why this is a problem with this one device, but it is.

Thank you,

2 Replies 2
PaulF
Meraki Employee
Meraki Employee

a DFU restore *should* remove the supervision

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT212787 on how to do a restore, which should also update the iPad at the same time

Whilst it is possible to change the ADE / DEP / Apple Configurator policies using a Mac and the profiles command, there's no such capability with iPad.

So, it looks like the only way to get iMazing to work is a full device wipe.

BlakeRichardson
Kind of a big deal
Kind of a big deal

I am guessing the device has been setup as a supervised device which means the device is entirely controlled via the MDM and that device pairing has been disabled. 

You could enable host pairing via the settings. 

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels