newest ipads: Device Management failing

Solved
KRhault
Conversationalist

newest ipads: Device Management failing

I've been using Meraki to manage ipads for years. 

I have new ipad minis (6th gen) and a couple Air (4th gen). I'm having trouble onboarding them with Meraki. I can successfully add the device and get information and location. I can push our apps after installing the management system on the ipads. But there are problems: 

1) I can't initiate Lost Mode, play a sound, or clear the passcode

2) The restrictions are not enforced (blacklisted apps are not deleted)

3) The user can erase the ipad and Meraki's management system is not reinstalled. I can't push reinstallation from Meraki. (Still trying to find a way to reinstall it)

If I get an error message in the activity log it says Error: “EnableLostMode” is not a valid request type.

Otherwise it just says Pending forever.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or is this strictly a compatibility issue between Meraki and the latest ipads or iOS?

I'm using iPadOS 15.2 which is the latest. 

1 Accepted Solution
KRhault
Conversationalist

IT guy solved this for me. We had an updated DEP profile that I hadn't assigned to the new ipads. If anyone else has a similar problem, fix it by setting up a new profile with restrictions and assign it to new ipads. Then erase and reset them and the management should load with restrictions included. 

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2
KRhault
Conversationalist

IT guy solved this for me. We had an updated DEP profile that I hadn't assigned to the new ipads. If anyone else has a similar problem, fix it by setting up a new profile with restrictions and assign it to new ipads. Then erase and reset them and the management should load with restrictions included. 

DjShroll
Getting noticed

😁Way to go posting the answer there, KRhault!

Get notified when there are additional replies to this discussion.
Welcome to the Meraki Community!
To start contributing, simply sign in with your Cisco account. If you don't yet have a Cisco account, you can sign up.
Labels